URL Already in the Queue Bug
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-08-2003 01:02 AM

Posted by:
Pedro

Find more posts by Pedro

I keep getting this warning when attempting to download a new item from the same site. In other words, it seems a long URL only undergoes a partial check for repetition, as when a different file name is on the end of the URL, it gets refused because the most significant left-side portion of the URL is the same.

In fact, I do not understand why the URL needs to be checked for duplication (or partial duplication) at all.

06-11-2003 04:28 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Pedro,
iGetter checks the whole URL for duplication. If the URL is partially different iGetter will add this download to the queue. We will be grateful if you send us some URL for testing as well as more information about the version of iGetter and your browser.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-02-2003 10:48 AM

Posted by:
Tom McIntosh

Find more posts by Tom McIntosh

Repeating Duplicate URL

When I use Version Tracker to download files, the file gets picked up by iGetter and the download starts but then Safari redoes the program page and the request for a reload of the same file is issued again. The Duplicate URL message keeps repeating until the VersionTracker page is closed.

07-30-2003 10:47 AM

Posted by:
Thomas Meyer

Find more posts by Thomas Meyer

URL already in queue

I get this same thing when downloading files from audible.com... The warning keeps popping up; and relaunches the program if it's been exited or forced to quit.

08-04-2003 07:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
Integration of iGetter v1.9.5 with Safari v1.0 uses a trick to stop the download in the browser. Safari is a new browser and doesn't support stream cancellation yet. The download goes successfully to iGetter, but Safari still wants to download the same file. So, we used a trick using back function of Safari. If the page where this download starts automatically has been reloaded again, Safari sends the download again to iGetter. The solution is to stop your browser when the download is intercepted by iGetter.

We are always looking for improvement of the iGetter integration with Safari. We hope also that Apple will include full support of the Netscape type plug-ins in Safari.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply