< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-19-2003 08:34 AM

Posted by:
Marcus

Find more posts by Marcus

Hi,
I upgraded iGetter, which used to work fine, to version 1.9 (german). Now, when I add a new URL (or with Browser integration activated click on something), the file is correctly listed in tge downloads window, but iGetter doesn't get any further thn 'waiting'.
Any suggestions what could be wrong?
Greetings
Marcus

06-20-2003 04:48 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Marcus,
iGetter v1.9.5 is the first version localized in German, but your problem seems to be related to a broken connection or a Proxy/Firewall blocking iGetter. Make sure that you have set your Proxy settings in the Proxy preferences of iGetter. If this is a FTP download try to set up your FTP configuration to PASSIVE mode of downloading. You can do that from the iGetter Proxy preferences pushing the 'Proxy settings' button. In the Network control panel show the appropriate Internet interface and choose the 'Proxies' tab. Now check the 'Use passive FTP mode (PASV)' option.

If the above suggestions don't work please send to our support email an URL for testing and more information about your machine and Internet connection.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-07-2003 05:32 AM

Posted by:
Marcus Hamm

Find more posts by Marcus Hamm

Thanks for you suggestions, but none of it worked. I already used passive mode, haven't got any proxies and my routerfirewall is set to DMZ. Furthermore everything is working fine on my iBook which is behind both my router an an airport.
Th specs of the machine on which igetter doesn't work are:
8500 PowerPc with Sonnet G4 450 Mhz Processor
304 MB Ram
Mac OS 10.2.6
Internet connectin is DSL with an Router (that shouldn't be the prob, 'cause my iBook's woking fine).
What do you mean by sending you an URL for testing?

Blue Skies!

Marcus

07-07-2003 07:08 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Marcus,
You can see the reason for your problem when you start a download and then open the Transfer Details lower part of the window. Now choose the Segments tab and select the first segment. There you will see the server response or the error that occurs. Most probably there is a connection problem that must be adjusted.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-07-2003 08:42 AM

Posted by:
Marcus Hamm

Find more posts by Marcus Hamm

Thanks forthe tip! It works now!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply