iGetter won't take over download from browsers
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-05-2003 06:30 AM

Posted by:
Mimi

Find more posts by Mimi

I have set up iGetter to integrate with browsers. Even though I am using Internet Explorer, iGetter does not fire up when I download - IE does the download instead. I am using iGetter 1.9.5. Formally I used iGetter 1.5 and it worked perfectly. It is only since I registered and upgraded that, no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I have tried it will other browsers but have the same problem. I note that in this instance I am supposed to add iGetter to 'file helpers', under my browser's prefs, but I don't know exactly how to do this. In fact, in Safari, there doesn't seem to be a 'file helpers' preference panel. Please help as I use iGetter every day and this is driving me nuts!

PS - I use a G4 733mz processor/384 RAM, 40 gig hard drive.

08-07-2003 05:49 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Mimi,
iGetter v1.9.5 integrates with IE, Netscape/Mozilla/Camino, Safari, OmniWeb 4.2, iCab and Opera through a browser plug-in. You just need to turn on the iGetter 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools menu function. If it's on just switch it off and then again on to update the installed plug-in.

Also, it's possible that there is a browser plug-in installed from another download manager. So, please check in the Home directory/Library/Internet Plug-Ins for a plug-in of other download manager. Generally you must use the uninstaller app of all download managers before to delete their application folders.

Note that Safari handles the dmg files on its own without respect to the installed plug-in. This is a problem that we hope Apple will solve in the near future.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply