iGetter 1.9.5. Won't DL Any Longer
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-26-2003 03:31 PM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

Mac OSX 10.2.6. I recently switched to 1.9.5. but find that it will no longer DL. It continually tells me that there is a network error -3260. I have tried different sites to dl from and have switched my own ISPs but I always get the same message. I have uninstalled and completely cleared every iGetter file from my HD. I have reinstalled but still the same message.

Any ideas?

09-01-2003 06:07 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
Network error -3260 means: "Connection refused. There is a disconnect message, indicating that the other side refused the connection."

May be you must configure a Proxy server in the iGetter Proxy preferences or/and you must set the FTP settings to a PASV mode. You can do that from the iGetter Proxy preferences pushing the 'Proxy settings' button. In the Network control panel show the appropriate Internet interface and choose the 'Proxies' tab. Now check the 'Use passive FTP mode (PASV)' option.

If you use a firewall check for rules preventing the iGetter downloading.

It's possible also that the server(s) from which you download is not available at that time.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply