Will not download email attachments in IE
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-23-2003 01:15 AM

Posted by:
Tony M

Find more posts by Tony M

I down load an email attachment in Internet Explorer, Igetter takes over and begins to download after I click on download now. I have Intergrate with Internet Browsers selected. An Igetter icon with a small guage is delivered to my desktop and the file on the Igetter screen changes name to Id.cb.msn.com with waiting flashing beside it. I click on the desktop and the Igetter icon with a small guage disappears leaving the Id.cb.msn.com file which I cant open. when I check the transfer details it tells me ther is a network error. I do not have PROXY numbers and have selected PASIVE.
Ive also checked for other browser plug ins in the library file and dont see any. The attachment I am trying to open is a .pdf, can you please help !

09-24-2003 06:25 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Tony,
We are supposed to think that you have included all extension groups in the iGetter Integration preferences. Our suggestion regarding the Integration prefs is to switch off all extension groups except the first one. The first extensions group: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg" is enough for most of the downloads on the Internet and we use only this group with iGetter. If you want to add audio, video or pdf file extensions make this with caution because QuickTime and Acrobat Reader may use these extensions in your browser.

It's very possible that Hotmail or other web mail services use some type of restriction regarding the user access. We will try to reproduce your problem with Hotmail. For now you can first follow our instructions above. If this doesn't help turn off the iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-28-2003 11:01 PM

Posted by:
Tony M

Find more posts by Tony M

Thankyou for the reply. I tried what you suggested but it still does not work. I receive an error message 404 HTTP/1.1404 Object Not Found. Is there something else I can try ?

09-29-2003 08:02 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Tony,
We tried to download an attached file at Hotmail, but it seems hotmail.com restricts downloading from other applications except from your browser. So, when you plan to check your mail at Hotmail preliminarily turn off the iGetter's "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function, then download email attachements with your browser.
Error "404 File not found" means that this file no longer exists on the server.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply