The accalerater feature
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-25-2003 04:18 PM

Posted by:
Infinite

Find more posts by Infinite

My downloads aren't actually getting accelerated when I download using igetter, I am using a modem and i segment because it slows it down if I use more than one.

10-25-2003 04:25 PM

Posted by:
Infinite

Just wanted to ad that I am getting 3-4 kb/sec on a 56k modem.

10-27-2003 07:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
iGetter acceleration feature is useful when you download a big file and have a faster connection. On a modem connection iGetter will get the whole available bandwidth and unreasonable number of segments may slow down your downloading. Also verify that you've not turned on the "Obey speed limit" Downloads menu function.

iGetter acceleration with more than 1 segments consumes more CPU and memory resources. On Mac OS 9 you must increase the 'Preferred Size' of iGetter from the Finder to 20-50MB. (Make sure that your Virtual Memory is on.)

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-07-2003 07:38 PM

Posted by:
Infinite

Thankyou, I increased the memory size to 0ver 50mb I have 416mb of ram so I don't think that I will need the virtual memory on...

03-01-2004 07:16 AM

Posted by:
Pete

Find more posts by Pete

That has nothing to do with hardware memory limitatons but more with the fact how Mac OS 9 handles memory. To say it very simple: In general its better to use virtuall memory.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply