Panther Support?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-30-2003 05:09 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

Does iGetter 1.9.5 support Panther (Mac OS X 10.3)?

Thank you very much.

10-30-2003 06:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
We have not tested iGetter on Mac OS X 10.3, yet, but we have customers running successfully iGetter on "Panther".

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-01-2003 07:36 AM

Posted by:
Stephen

Find more posts by Stephen

iGetter 1.9.5 is working fine under 10.3. The only major annoyance is that the widgets are a bit broken... the problems appear to be cosmetic only.

-Stephen.

11-02-2003 06:17 AM

Posted by:
C. Cameron

Find more posts by C. Cameron

it certainly isn't working fine here because I keep getting a Network Error 1634955892 message on everything that I try to download with it

11-02-2003 08:17 PM

Posted by:
Frederick Cortes

Find more posts by Frederick Cortes

Phanter

It stop working and crashes every time i try to load it after installing 10.3

11-03-2003 06:48 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Doesn't work too well for me in Panther either. Download folder keeps reverting to the MacOS folder in the iGetter package. Strange??? Also, if I have to stop a download, then shutdown or restart, iGetter does not resume the download, I have to start the download from the beginning again which makes the app. pretty useless.

11-03-2003 07:47 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Further to my post above. I've had another play and this time I deleted the iGetter preference folder in my User/Library/Preference folder. After setting up iGetter again everything seems to be working fine so far. If you find you are having problems after installing Panther then try this, it seems to have worked for me.

11-03-2003 07:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello,
Thanks for your reports. May be not all of the problems written at this thread are caused from the Panther installation.

C. Cameron,
The network error reported from iGetter means that your connection to the Internet is broken. See all your Network settings in the System Preferences, especially the DNS and Proxy settings (you may switch on the "Use passive FTP mode (PASV)" option in the Proxies panel. You can reach the Network Control Panel from the iGetter Proxy preferences pushing the 'Proxy settings' button.)

Frederick,
Try to reinstall iGetter and especially its prefs files. Look at this thread for more info:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=412

Mark,
After the installation of iGetter you must set the "Default download folder" option in the iGetter "Other" preferences. If you don't set this folder iGetter will use its application folder.

Note that iGetter resumes broken downloads only in the cases when the servers from which you download support resuming (most of the servers do). You can check this in the 'Resume' column at the Main window. There must be written 'Yes' which means that the server supports resuming and you can pause and start this download without losing of data. If it is written 'No' iGetter will begin your download from the beginning. So before pushing the 'Pause' button for any download make sure that this download is resumable.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-03-2003 10:02 AM

Posted by:
Fabrizio La Rosa

Find more posts by Fabrizio La Rosa

no support for dmg files

I have installed Panther and THEN iGetter ... it is working fine, the only issue is that I can't download the .dmg files with iGetter by clicking on their link in the browser window (tried with Safari, Mozilla Firebird and Internet Explorer), I have to copy the URL on the clipboard and paste it in iGetter to make it work.
Until now, all other file types seem to be properly handled by the iGetter plugin.
Does someone have the same problem with dmg files (even on Jaguar)?

11-03-2003 11:43 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Thought I'd solved the problem with setting the default download folder but it would seem that I haven't. No matter how many time I set the default download folder in the "Other" preferences (which was the first thing I did when I found I had this problem) it keeps reverting to "Hard Drive Name"/Applications/iGetter 1.9.5/iGetter.app/contents/MacOS/, so that I have to keep going into the application package and removing the download. Very frustrating.

11-06-2003 08:19 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Mark,
There are only three reports for such problem on Panther. Is the problem occur with any folder you choose?

Be sure that you don't choose external or network drive.

In any way we will look for this problem but we need some more information about your machine and system language as well as the download folder causing the problem. Please write on our support email igettersupport(at)presenta.net.

Now we work on v2.0 that will use completely different way for saving the files/folders and the above problem must not occur anymore.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-08-2003 04:31 AM

Posted by:
Andreas

Find more posts by Andreas

wrong download folder in Panther

same proplems on my mac as Mark describe. I delete the Prefs, choose the downloadfolder in igetter prefs and the next download was in /igetter/package/contens/MacOS/

G4,2*1GHz mirror,1.5GB Ram, German Panther 10.3.0 (fresh install), iGetter 1.9.5 (fresh install)

11-10-2003 05:44 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Andreas,

Is the problem appear with a specific folder or with any folder you choose for a "Default download folder"? And do you use the English or International version of iGetter?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

11-11-2003 12:31 PM

Posted by:
Andreas

Find more posts by Andreas

wrong download folder in Panther

I use the international (german) version 1.9.5 of igetter. I define in the past only one folder for the default download folder. I'll try some other folder location send you the results.

Andreas

11-11-2003 03:23 PM

Posted by:
Bob Rosenberg

Find more posts by Bob Rosenberg

iGetter and Panther - It works for me

I have iGetter running in my Panther (was 10.3 now is 10.3.1) system and the only "problem" I've encountered is that the "File being Downloaded" icon stays as such and is not replaced at download completion with the real icon. Doing a CMD-D (Duplicate) places the correct icon on the dupe so the problem has to do with iGetter not fixing it at completion (as it does on 10.2.x systems).

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply