iGetter OS X
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-19-2001 05:26 PM

Posted by:
Evan Holt

Find more posts by Evan Holt

I have been looking and looking for a FTP program for OS X. The things that matter to me are...

- a pretty, usable interface
- file resumes
- HTTP & FTP downloads

and here I thought HeaftyFTP was close..but it seemed awkward. Then I saw iGetter on VersionTracker, and so I thought I would give it a shot.

Well I must say that it's THE most amazing FTP downloader I have ever used! A job well done, and so I would register it in an instant if ever in the future you decide to ask for $5 or so.

Anyway, my only small suggestions are...

- If you could change the icons for Redialing, hanging up, etc....it's kinda hard to tell if it's activated or not

- When OS X's screen saver is activated, iGetter doesn't seem to be able to disconnect from the internet.

Anyway, this is truly an amazing product!

Thanks!

11-09-2001 12:17 AM

Posted by:
Steve Hall

Find more posts by Steve Hall

I AGREE

I AGREE, igetter is the best thing since sliced bread! I have found NO BUGS AT ALL- which is really hard to believe, but it's true. The program is easy to use, and A MUST when downloading large files with a dial up connection. I only wish the genuises that made internet explorer, and other programs would integrate this technology into their programs.

Thanks for a great program.

11-16-2001 10:32 AM

Posted by:
James Rae Smith

Find more posts by James Rae Smith

User Interface

I too likle this a lot but I wish it had more stylish "Mac like" UI. the download window are very large for the info they convey and take up far too much screen real estate on an iMac. If you could sort this out I would be delighted, and maybe even prepared to pay for it!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply