< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-21-2003 08:28 PM

Posted by:
po

Find more posts by po

Hello,
I've just tried to download a very large file and its nearly completed (99%) but all of a sudden its goes to waiting and then the status changes to broken and i cant resume it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

11-22-2003 08:21 AM

Posted by:
Po

Find more posts by Po

By the way the link i was downloading was:
http://pub.xferoc2.fileplanet.com/^652065474/planetrainbowsix/damnr6/dtdidfv12.sit

11-23-2003 11:33 AM

Posted by:
milanuk

Find more posts by milanuk

I've recently 'upgraded' to 1.9.5, and I started having the same problem w/ a couple different files, mostly iso images for CD's. Then it progressed to the stage of completely crashing upon startup, and I followed the directions I found here for that, which got iGetter running again at least. Now it is doing the bit where the progress bar and percent finished are not correct, but (I believe) the MB downloaded # is. Hopefully this time it will finish the download correctly rather than hang.

Is there anyway to get an earlier release of iGetter? I didn't keep the d/l files from the last version, but it honestly never gave me any problems like this that I'm experiencing from 1.9.5.

Thanks,

Monte

11-23-2003 12:48 PM

Posted by:
milanuk

Find more posts by milanuk

Well, no joy here. It got down to about 185.x MB out of 185.x+1 MB, and went 'Broken'. FWIW, what I was downloading was the Debian Linux 'Woody' install mini-CD, which I've downloaded before w/ iGetter (older versions).

Interestingly enough, when I went to the d/l directory via Terminal.app, it showed the file downloaded as only having about 115MB or so.

I'm going to try to resume the file using wget, but I'm not overly optimistic about the odds of success. Guess it's time to dig thru my backup disk and see if I have an older version of iGetter laying around I can use.

Motne

11-24-2003 05:36 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
Po, we have a similar problem with some files, but the problem is hidden in the Proxies between your machine and the server. Somewhere on the way a proxy cashes your download and then gives you the file from its cache. The problem disappears if you have an alternative link to this file or alternative connection to the Internet. Download will be resumed just fine. Meantime, your file dtdidfv12.sit returns 403 Forbidden error. Check if it still exists on the server.

Milanuk, please check if you have enough space on your HD. Also there is an option "Auto save queue every '10' min" in the Other iGetter preferences. iGetter saves your file on the disk on every 10 minutes. You can decrease this time to avoid lose of data.

Regarding the wrong percent calculation it will not cause any problem on your download. The "Size" and "Total Size" values are correct.

If you still want to download v1.9 for Mac OS X you can use this link:

http://www.fileavenue.com/downloads/igetter1.9_en.dmg.bin

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-07-2007 12:50 AM

Posted by:
Al

Find more posts by Al

iGetter

Using iGetter on my OSX 10.4.10 I was also getting continuous "broken" status while attempting to download the latest JOOST. I read about the "proxy" in connection with iGetter; and so I bypassed iGetter altogether and the download was achieved. My question is: iGetter itself never examined such a possibility on their HELP; in fact the status:"broken" was not even covered as a status. Obviously my confidence in iGetter has serious misgivings ~ potentially it's a great waste of time.

07-08-2007 08:13 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Al,
Posting on a thread started before four years is not the best choice if you want to get answer. However, on the following thread we answered a similar question about the JOOST download: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=920. The broken state means exactly that "connection is broken". To see the reason select the "Segments" tab panel and look at the first broken segment transcript.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply