Igetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-12-2003 03:12 PM

Posted by:
Vernon

Find more posts by Vernon

I've got the same problem as Mimi, that is how to quit the IE Download Manager which always takes over the downloads. I..E is pretty hopeless at long downloads on a modem because it dosent have a break and resume factility

What I want is an Idiots Guide e.g. open this panel. Look for. Switch it off, Org drag it to the trash.

Incidentally, whilst asking questions. How does one stop that nasty pop up which comes on from time to time asking if 'You wish to remain connected" ?

Kind thoughts and thanks to anyone who can advise me
regards
Vern UK

12-15-2003 06:36 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Vernon,
To use iGetter instead of your browser's download manager simply turn on the iGetter's "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function. Now iGetter will intercept automatically all downloads with extensions (set in the iGetter Integration preferences):

sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz

If you want to add "dmg" extension to this group you must also add it to Internet Config. This is one time operation. So start Internet Explorer and open its preferences. Now, open Receiving Files Group triangle and select File Helpers panel. Push Add button and write the following info:

Description: Disk Image File
Extension: .dmg
MIME type: application/octet-stream
Application: Browse->Disk Copy
Encoding: Binary
How to handle: View with plug-in
Plug-in name: iGetter plugin

If iGetter integration is on in the "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder will appear an "iGetter plugin" file. If not there is a problem we must solve first.

If you have a direct download link on your page (not a button) just use the contextual menu function "Download with iGetter". There are two useful options in the iGetter General preferences -> "New Downloads" section if you don't want to see the Save Dialog on a new download and if you want your new download to be started immediately.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply