iGetter Downloads files into Downloader Package
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-30-2003 04:58 PM

Posted by:
Joe Bailey

Find more posts by Joe Bailey

I am running iGetter 1.9.5 under OS X 10.3.2. Is there any way to prevent iGetter from downloading files into the iGetter Package /Contents/Mac OS? I have used iGetter for a couple of years now and I have recommended it to many of my friends and to many users on MacFixit, MacAddict, and the Apple Discussion boards. But until this problem is corrected I can no longer, in good conscience recommend it.

12-31-2003 05:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Joe,
We received similar reports for a wrong saved default download folder on Panther. We found that this happens with particular folders (when you use a different HD partition), after a system update, also with network and external drives. However, in v2.0 we changed the way of saving of download folders. Currently, if the problem appears again you can double click on any finished download and it will open the actual download folder.

We hope that we will release v2.0 in the middle of January, 2004.

Happy New Year,
iGetter Support

01-24-2004 12:49 PM

Posted by:
Joe Bailey

Find more posts by Joe Bailey

Wrong Solution

FYI, based on your response I moved my download folder to the user folder on the boot volume and the downloads are still going into the iGetter package rather than the download folder specified in either the iGetter preferences or Safari preferences.

Hopefully version 2 will be out much sooner -- rather than later. This bug makes iGetter marginally usable at best.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply