How to use iGetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-02-2004 12:47 PM

Posted by:
Ed Lowrance

Find more posts by Ed Lowrance

I am a Mac user. OS 8.1, using Netscape Communicator 7.1. I experience many web drops - "unexplained system error" during browsing on the web. It was suggested I try igetter to experience better more trouble free connections. Where can I read how to? I open igetter but don't know what to do next to connect to the web through netscape? Can you direct me or give me a capsule version of "help"? Thank you. Ed Lowrance

01-06-2004 05:52 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Ed,
When you start iGetter for first time you must set your "Connection type" in the Acceleration preferences as well as a "Default download folder" in the Other preferences. Then you need to turn on the iGetter 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools menu function. Now when you click on a download link in your browser iGetter will intercept automatically your download. By default iGetter will intercept only the following files: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz (set in the iGetter Integration preferences).

Alternatively, you can show the iGetter Target Icon from the menu Window and use the drag and drop method for download links.

You can add as many downloads as you wish and then set iGetter in Auto downloading mode (push the most left button with two green triangles) or you can start/resume your downloads manually.

If you want iGetter to redial automatically your modem push the button with the green phone. The next two buttons are the Hang-up modem and Turn off computer when the queue is done functions.

Happy New Year,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply