broken downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-04-2004 07:35 AM

Posted by:
Paul

Find more posts by Paul

I use iGetter with Jaguar and a DSL connection. I mostly download mp3's from a music subscription service. How do I get iGetter to resume broken downloads without having to manually highlight the file and clicking the download button? This morning, for example, I have 15 tracks qued, and only one will download at a time, then I have to come back and baby sit the Getter...which defeats its purpose!

Sometimes I can get up to 5 tracks downloading at once (I have it set to 7 in my prefs), and this makes it easier, but still not the way it should work...I have to highlight and manually start the broken downloads.

Paul

01-05-2004 06:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Paul,
The broken status may appear if the connection to the download server fails for some reason. You can increase the "Reconnect # times" option in the Connections preferences of iGetter as well as set "Max auto downloads" option in General panel preferences to 3. Then use the Auto download button (most left two green triangles button) to download automatically your files. Do not select all downloads pushing the "Start/Resume" button, instead use the Auto download button.

You can also see what is the reason for the broken status if you select the first segment in the Segments tab.

Happy New Year,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply