Help!! The Igetter plugin wont work.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-07-2004 02:16 PM

Posted by:
Archmage/BNF

Find more posts by Archmage/BNF

I activate the 'Integrate with Browser' under the tools menu and the igetter plugin is supposed to show up under home/library/Internet plugins, but it wont show up(I then tried it again half-dozen times) Also is their anyway to activate the Contextual Menu Support? I like having the option of clicking and holding then scrolling down to Download with Igetter... this doesn't seem to work!! I do have a 3rd party keyboard and mouse(it also has 2 buttons on it... and I just recently went to X soo.. any help would be appreciated!)

01-08-2004 05:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,

The iGetter integration function is useful when you browse and there is a download registration form or a download link that redirects to another page with ads. iGetter will intercept such downloads automatically. By default iGetter will intercept only the following files: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz (set in the iGetter Integration preferences).

Note that Safari handles the "dmg" files on its own without respect to the installed plug-in.

It's possible also that you've installed a plug-in from other download manager. This may cause conflicts, so please check in the "Home/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" for a plug-in of other download manager. You must decide which download manager to be integrated with your browser.

When you have a direct download link in your browser or mail application you can use other methods for adding URLs to iGetter as drag & drop method (using the Target Icon from menu Window->Show Target Icon) or copy & paste (using directly Edit-Paste function in iGetter). Currently only in Internet Explorer and iCab you can use the contextual menu function "Download with iGetter" which starts iGetter automatically. "Download All with iGetter" contextual menu function must appear in IE, iCab, Opera and OmniWeb.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply