how to use
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-12-2004 09:28 PM

Posted by:
jack

Find more posts by jack

i have just downloaded igetter but cannot use it. how do i get the program to open from safari? i can open the program manually but safari uses its own download manager , where do i change this?

05-18-2004 07:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jack,
Currently, iGetter integrates with Safari using the plug-in technology. You just need to set on the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' Tools menu function. Now when you click over a download link or registration form button, instead of your browser's download manager it must appear iGetter. By default iGetter will intercept only the following files: sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz (set in the iGetter Integration preferences).

Note that there is a common problem with the dmg files. This is a new extension for most of the Web servers and they just identify dmg files as text files. Every browser has its own solution. Currently Safari handles dmg files on its own without respect to the installed plug-in.

Also please check in the "Home directory/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder for a plug-in of another download manager. This may cause a problem.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply