borken download/ waiting
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-17-2004 05:49 PM

Posted by:
Tom Meyer

Find more posts by Tom Meyer

About 60 percent through a download iGetter 1.9.5 stops/ waits/ resumes over and over until I pause then restart having been told it can't find the file or the file size is wrong.

This is just started to happen, and wasn't a problem in the previous version, or this one until about a month ago.

It also won't re-dial when the connection is broken, but apparently I have to shutdown the network....

05-18-2004 07:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Tom,
It seems that the problem is related to the server from which you download. An example URL may help us much. However, we have a similar problem with a file uploaded without a date on an Apache server. Every time when you resume the download it has a different date. In such case iGetter will not be able to resume the download, because it checks the date and size of your downloads. To fix this the owner of the server must write only "touch <file name>" and everything will run correctly.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-18-2004 08:05 AM

Posted by:
Tom Meyer

Find more posts by Tom Meyer

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought maybe the server was the problem. It's audible.com: any file, and it's a recent development. The one characteristic that I didn't mention is that the first download always fails, but the second try always works... Or so it seems.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply