Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetter 2, CodeWarrior, and Tiger
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-03-2004 12:06 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by joemikeb

In my not so humble opinion iGetter is hands down the best download manager out there for OS X, but I am getting sick and tired of having to drill down into the iGetter package to retrieve each and every download! I have received assurances that will be fixed in iGetter 2, but iGetter 2 is now 7 months late and no release in site.

I understand there is a problem with CodeWarrior that is preventing finishing the release, but now we have the release of Tiger coming up probably before the end of this year which probably means more CodeWarrrior problems and the potential for putting iGetter 2 off as much as another year!

All of which leads me to two questions:

1. Why is it impossible to release a patch to iGetter 1.7.9. or even an Applescript, that would put the iGetter downloads in the designated download folder?

2. Even though CodeWarrior is a fine IDE, given their lack of response, isn't it time or even past time to migrate iGetter development to Apple' software development tool set? Certainly the cost of Apple's tools is right and from what I have seen it is not a bad development environment at all.

06-04-2004 05:18 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Dyan

I agree with your second part apple tools are great and it's very easy to import code from warrior code in an xcode project because this is one of the options of x code...

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply