iGetter won't launch to download captured URLs
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-10-2004 08:26 AM

Posted by:
Slim

Find more posts by Slim

Hi. My problem is basicaly this; I use Mozilla and I had iGetter 1.8 for a long time but I finaly upgraded to 1.9. Now iGetter won't launch when I click ona URL to download something, it does say 'This download was capture by iGetter' or, whatever, but the iGetter app doens't actually run. It has to be running already in order for any downloads to work.

I've tried turning the intergration on and off, and also I've tried uninstalling it, but it still doesn't work. I looked in the plug-in folder for mozilla (and IE which is my backup) and neither folder has any iGetter plugins in it, even though browser intergration is actually turned on.

What should I do?

07-12-2004 05:47 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Hello Slim,
The very possible reason for your problem is hidden in the desktop database of Mac OS 9. Sometimes when you install a new application version and then delete the old one, the operating system database doesn't recognize the new installed software. (Please check for more than one installed copies of iGetter on your HD and remove the redundant copies). You can solve this by restarting your machine and pushing both option and command buttons till the end of the restarting process. You will see a dialog telling you about updating the desktop database. Confirm and now iGetter must be found and started.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-13-2004 11:26 AM

Posted by:
Slim

Find more posts by Slim

Okay, thanks I'll try that.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply