Reactivation. To 'iGetter Support' or others
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-01-2004 11:46 AM

Posted by:
katlpablo

Find more posts by katlpablo

I purchased iGetter 1.9 in August 2003. I belive I have the right to a free upgrade to iGetter 2.

I havent been unable to reactivate for the new version. A message appears telling me to refer to 'Help' for instructions… but, for some reason, in the 'iGetter Help' window in the 'Help Viewer', the links in the left hand column do not work, so I cannot reactivate or read any of the help topics…

I am using a PowerMac G4, Dual 867 MHz, 1024 RAM, Mac OS X 10.2.8, 1280px x 960px screen.

I can't tell if the problem is in my machine or if there's an error in the help file.

If this is some kind of bug you are now informed…

If it's another kind of problem I would appreciate any help to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all…

katlpablo

09-01-2004 03:33 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Pablo,
We will contact you by email.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

09-02-2004 02:25 PM

Posted by:
eeyore

Find more posts by eeyore

$15 for an upgrade is a lot.

I understand and support shareware... but I also believe that paying and supporting developers means that you, as a supporter, should be appreciated. I paid $25 to purchase igetter 1.x before June of 2003. Now, instead of being offered a free upgrade to 2.0, I am being asked to pay $15.

Most shareware comes with a lifetime of free updates. $5.00 is reasonable for an upgrade, $10.00 is understandable if there was a timely release of a much needed upgrade... But $15.00 is way too much to pay for an upgrade.

igetter, i a good program, but it just isn't worth $40.

09-03-2004 05:00 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

eeyore,

Thank you for the feedback.

As a registered user of iGetter v1.x you can freely upgrade to the latest v1.9.x and use it for lifetime. It was clearly written on our site, in the ReadMe and in iGeter Help that we offer free upgrades in the major 1.x versions. The same text is written for v2.0. You can read it here:
http://www.igetter.net/iGetter.html#SharewareInfo

Also, may be you have noticed that we promised on this forum to give free upgrades to v2 of customers that purchased iGetter since June 1, 2003. And we fulfilled our promise even 14 months later.

Regarding the new major release you can read about all of the new features here (see "What's New?" section):
http://www.igetter.net/iGetter.html

Version 2.0 has a completely rewritten download engine. The application architecture was rewritten to modern event driven model. There are many new features and now iGetter has a brand new look and feel with professionally designed icons. This work costs a lot for us.

And at last, iGetter v2.0 is a full functional version without expiration period even in evaluation mode.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

09-03-2004 08:43 AM

Posted by:
Garry Midgley

Find more posts by Garry Midgley

Reactivation

I paid via the web site to upgrade from igetter 1.9 to 2.0.
I sent the serial number to the Sales e-mail as requested but as yet have not received the upgrade activation.
How long does this normally take?

09-03-2004 09:33 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello,
We just processed your order. Please check your email for further instructions.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

12-15-2004 10:10 PM

Posted by:
Will Lanni

Find more posts by Will Lanni

which email?

Hey,

funny that you figured out what email to send the serial number to, as there was no mention in that text of where to send it. There was a link at the bottom with an email saying "for further questions"... but it would be great to include in that final invoice page a link to what email we're supposed to send the serial number to.

thanks

wil

01-10-2005 10:45 AM

Posted by:
Rolf Werdehausen

Find more posts by Rolf Werdehausen

New license

Sorry, please help me!

I have lost my registration-file (iGetter2 license.lic) for iGetter.

Please send me a new registration.

Thanks.

01-11-2005 05:14 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Rolf,
Please check your email. You must receive further instructions about how to reactivate your copy of iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-21-2005 03:22 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

iGetter2 License.lic deletes itself!

Hi, I am registered user of iGetter2, but have a seroius problem with the prog. Every two, three days, during a download, a window suddenly popups and tells me that my version of iGetter is not registerd. If I check in /user/library/application support/, the file iGetter2 License.lic is gone. As I do a daily backup of my whole hard disk, I move it back from the backup manually, then it works again - for the next two, three days ....
How do I solve this?
Thanx a lot ...
Michael

01-21-2005 03:27 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

forgot ...

Forgot to tell one thing: I am running it on two machines, my PowerMac and my PowerBook, it happens on both machines .....

01-25-2005 06:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
The repotted behavior of iGetter may occur only if you use a license file that you have used to activate another copy of iGetter. You can contact us at igettersupport(at)presenta.net with your actual iGetter serial number and we will help you activate your copy again. Regarding the second copy, we offer a convenient two-license pack named "Home & Work (Desktop & Mobile)" for permanent activation of two copies of iGetter. It costs $10 US additionally for the registration of a second copy of iGetter. If you wish you can purchase it from our WebStore:
http://store.esellerate.net/s.asp?s=STR282617360

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply