Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Where does the list of completed downloads go?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-05-2004 03:13 PM

Posted by:
Orion

Find more posts by Orion

I am trying iGetter for the first time. I am puzzeled by the completed downlods disappearing from the list of downloads. I read the instructions and it said to search to access history. I have been unable to access history following your instructions. I've checked every menu and every option in every menu plus I've tried the search function as the Help menu suggests and the list of completed downloads does not show up anywhere.

Any suggestions and some step-by-step instructions on how to access the history would be greatly apprediated.

For the future, I'd prefer that the completed downloads remain in the list. That way I don't have to do a lot of extra steps to see what's completed and what isn't.

Thank you, Orion

09-06-2004 11:49 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Orion,
You can reach the history list if you resize the groups field at the main window. Look at this screenshot:
http://www.igetter.net/iGetter_big_OSX.html

The two vertical lines between Filters and main table serve for resizing. Then click on the History item and you will see all of your finished downloads. Notice that there is an option "Days to keep items in history" in General panel preferences where you can set the number of days that the History list keeps track of all finished downloads.

Also, you can periodically backup the '<Home folder>/Library/Application Support/iGetter' folder where the queue and history lists are physically located.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-19-2004 06:55 AM

Posted by:
tanders

Find more posts by tanders

Is there any possibility to get a message like "download already in the history" if I add I download that was actually already finished before (just like when finished downloads stayed in the queue in version 1.9.5)?
Or did I miss this feature somewhere?
I often forget what I have already downloaded and I don't want to cross check queue and history all the time!

10-22-2004 08:23 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We added your feature request in the iGetter wish list.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply