Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetter2 Not Resuming Downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-18-2004 06:29 PM

Posted by:
L. Rayes

Find more posts by L. Rayes

In trying to download from the Apple Developer Connection, iGetter 2 always starts a paused download from the beginning. I have found that the ADC site assigns each session a password, and I go to the trouble to get the new password and provide it in the iGetting Info window for the download, but iGetter will start the whole download over again. This pretty makes iGetter no more useful than downloading via a web browser.

Is there a way to have iGetter resume downloads? I didn't have this problem with the previous version.

10-19-2004 05:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Could you please provide us at igettersupport(at) with a test URL to your ADC download (if it's public of course).

From your explanation it seems that Apple explicitly limits the resuming of their ADC downloads. Rarely but there are servers that don't allow resuming even of big files for some reasons. You must always look the column "Resume" at iGetter's main table. If it's written "Yes" you can pause and resume the download, but if you see "No" and you pause the download iGetter will start it from the beginning (asking you to retry to resume first).

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply