Strange iGetter 2.0.2 behavior
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-26-2004 05:51 PM

Posted by:
Joe Bailey

Find more posts by Joe Bailey

I have recently encountered several instances of strange behavior with iGetter 2 and Safari when downloading .dmg files. I click on the download button on a web site and I get the page that says the download has been transferred to iGetter, but iGetter does not launch, the Safari URL progress bar proceeds very slowly as if a download were in progress, but when it finishes there is no file to be found anywhere.

I have most recently encountered this while attempting to download the iPod updater from the Apple download site. http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20041020.html

I am running OS X 10.3.5 with all the security updates, Safari 1.2.3, and iGetter 2.0.2. To the best of my knowledge this problem did not exist with IGetter 2.0.1.

10-27-2004 05:07 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Joe,
The reported problem may appear if you've installed a new version of iGetter and then you've deleted the old one (or if you have two or more instances of iGetter installed). In such case iGetter browser plug-in can't find the iGetter application on your HD.

To fix this problem start iGetter and switch off then back on the "Integrate with Internet Browsers" Tools menu function.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply