Download Priorities Gone?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-22-2004 02:42 AM

Posted by:
stick

Find more posts by stick

The 1.x versions of igetter allowed downloads to be prioritized, but i cannot find the setting in any of the 2.x versions.

this was one of the main reasons I liked igetter. Is the feature going to be returned as I understand is main window adjustment of speed limit?

11-23-2004 06:28 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
If you want to download some file before others just drag and drop this download to the top of the queue. Or open download's "Item Settings" dialog (with double click over the downlod) and set a smaller queue number. If you don't want to download some file in automatic mode select the download(s) and push the "Suspend" button.

We transferred all the functionality of v1 to v2 but the method of queue ordering seems to be simpler than setting a priority of each download.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-29-2004 10:43 AM

Posted by:
stick

Find more posts by stick

All the functionality?

In the 1.9x versions I could set a file's priority as 'low' or 'lowest' and know that any new files added to the queue would be added ahead of it and therefore downloaded before it.

There is no way of doing that in ver 2.0x, other than manually dragging the files around in the queue.

Changing from a priority (high, normal, low etc) system to one of queue position has killed the chance of setting anything as lower than normal priority.

For someone still on dialup, with limited badwidth that is a feature I used a lot.

Ditto the main window adjustment to speed limit.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply