Downloads cut off at .php instead of correct file extension
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-02-2004 01:02 AM

Posted by:
evadery

Find more posts by evadery

When I try to download something, if it has .php in it before the actual link, the download cuts off beforehand.

For example:

http://www.blahblah.com/view.php?filename.jpg
iGetter downloads view.php, which is nothing...

Any advice how to fix this? I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

12-04-2004 05:29 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
If the iGetter integration with browsers is switched on iGetter installs a browser plug-in which intercepts all files with extensions listed in the iGetter Integration preferences. By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz". In other words only compressed files.

Because the specific of browser plug-ins is related to MIME types, iGetter intercepts files with MIME types corresponding to extensions mentioned above. They are "application/octet-stream" and so on. The ".php" files that you try to download seems to response with a MIME type listed in the iGetter Integration preferences and this is the reason why it appears directly in iGetter.

Please, look at the iGetter preferences and see if you haven't added extensions of text or picture files. They are mostly used from the browsers and we don't recommend their inclusion in the iGetter Integration preferences.

Also, you can always turn off integration with browsers from menu Tools of iGetter.

If you've added download URL directly to iGetter by the "New URL" function then the ".php" file seems to be a web page which may (or may not) include the real download URL (link).

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-09-2004 03:28 AM

Posted by:
Gary L. Green

Find more posts by Gary L. Green

Right....

So, a more intellegent iGetter would know "this .php isn't a file to download, I need to go a step further" and then take that step. Only you programmer folks at Presenta know how to do this.

To paraphrase the eternal Bones: "Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor not a Programmer."

Keep up the good work guys.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply