Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Download transfered to iGetter over and over again..
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-07-2004 01:01 PM

Posted by:
a Martin

Find more posts by a Martin

iGetter 2 is very cool, but one thing that freaks me out is the "Download transfered to iGetter" page that comes up every time iGetter receives a download. Especially on pages where getting back to the download page (after "Download transfered to iGetter" goes away) means iGetter getting the same file again, and then that will go on forever...

Try to download something at http://sourceforge.net

I think it would be really cool if iGetter just received the download without showing it in the web browser. For example iGetter could use speech and say "Download received" or something with the iGetter icon in the Dock could happen to confirm that the download is received.

12-09-2004 03:24 AM

Posted by:
Gary L. Green

Find more posts by Gary L. Green

iGetter needs an option as to how many times during a session the same file is alowed to be dl'ed and/or renamed. This would eliminate this problem.

Keep up the good work guys.

12-10-2004 08:31 PM

Posted by:
a Martin

"iGetter icon in the Dock could happen to confirm"
Ehhh... Say what?
Sorry for that badly constructed scentence, but I guess you understand what I mean. :-)

I also agree with the guy who suggested in another post that iGetter coming to front everytime a download is received is a bit disturbing.

It happens quite often in Mac applications that another app suddenly comes to fron without the user asking for it. In iChat for example. When iChat has finished receiving a file the Finder comes to front and selects the file, so if I'm typing a message in iChat I will manually have to change back to iChat and continue my typing. Why doesn't the Finder select the file in the background instead of coming to front like that?

This is bad application behavior in my opinion.

12-11-2004 01:57 AM

Posted by:
zev

Find more posts by zev

It's amazing how many people don't look through the prefs.

There is an option to "stay in background when a new download is added"

12-16-2004 08:52 PM

Posted by:
a Martin

It's amazing how much one sometimes can look for something for a long time and then it turns out it was right in front of your nose all the time.

Thanks for opening my eyes! :-)

My previous statement about downloading remains however (unless there's a preference somewhere that I missed that addresses that thing too...). ;-)

12-22-2004 05:44 AM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

I was about to report that bug many times but somehow always forgot to do so :)

It looks like the mechanism of sourceforge confuses iGetter.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of behavior happens with Windows download managers too.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply