T-Mobile Website Not Loading b/c of iGetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-24-2004 06:19 AM

Posted by:
brad george

Find more posts by brad george

The T-Mobile website, www.tmobile.com, does not load correctly because of iGetter. When I try to enter my zip code to view coverage, it gives me an error about cookies. When I try to view the national coverage, iGetter downloads the file that Flash uses to show the map. I uninstalled iGetter and the site works perfectly. I am not sure what the problem is..anyone have a clue?

Bradley

12-25-2004 05:36 AM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

It must be a site bug. Some sites embed flash files and they send them to browsers like application/octet-stream (basically, like .zip, .exe, .bin files).

Browser fire the flash plugin so you don't see it as a problem. If you look at temporary files, you will see lots of .swf (flash) files there. How they managed to get in? Exactly as I said. Browser got confused but it somehow showed the file and of course, saved to temp directory.

iGetter plugin watches those files, so it fires up iGetter when such thing happens. If it ignored, it would ignore everything stating as application, so would basically become useless.

You don't need to uninstall iGetter for that problem, just uncheck "integrate with webbrowsers" while no browser is running and use the site. You can than re integrate.

Hopefully igetter support will tell a better solution as I am a licensed user only.

Merry xmas.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply