iGet doesn't pick up on download buttons
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-11-2005 04:10 PM

Posted by:
Jim Wickman

Find more posts by Jim Wickman

I have iGetter set up so that when a Download button (MacUpdate, Version Tracker) gets clicked, iGetter recognizes that and starts downloading. Used to work that way for several weeks.

This week, it just sits there and idles when I click a MU or VT button. I have to go and copy the URL then Add it to iGetter.

Not at all the convenience I had . . .

Suggestions?

<[ OS X 10.3.7 Panther, iMac 15" FP G4/800, 512 MB RAM ]>
Repair permissions runs every night.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

01-17-2005 02:53 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jim,
There two possible reasons for the reported problem. The first may be that iGetter browser's plug-in is not installed properly or it goes in conflict with another plug-in. Make sure that you don't use integration with browsers of some other downloader. Also you can just switch off and then again on the "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function to reinstall the iGetter plug-in. This will fix an eventual problem with a new installation of iGetter mixed with some old version.

The next reason may be that you download some file with extension not listed in the iGetter Integration preferences. If this is the case you can just add the new extension after the default extensions: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz".

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply