Where are the files?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-10-2005 04:43 PM

Posted by:
Casper

Find more posts by Casper

I'm a switcher since two weeks and I have downloaded iGetter. When I have downloaded a file I can't find it anymore.

In Safari I can't find any link to iGetter.

So...I'm completly lost. Please help me.

Thanks

02-14-2005 02:56 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Casper,
iGetter shows all finished downloads in a separate than queue history list. So, you must select the History item in the iGetter Filters panel to see all of your finished downloads. Double click on any of them and your file will appear in the Finder. Otherwise you will find your file in the folder that you've chosen when you added the file to iGetter.

If you want to add a link to iGetter use the browser contextual menu function "Download with iGetter".

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-20-2005 02:37 PM

Posted by:
Casper

Find more posts by Casper

Where are the files?

The problem is that the iGetter browser is missing. It is not within the programs or help program locations. When I download a file Safari tells me that it is transferring the data to iGetter. But I can not find igetter locations anywhere. I have searched all locations but nothing. My files are really disappearing.....

02-21-2005 05:11 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Casper,
Now things are a bit more clear. If you want to uninstall iGetter you need to run "Uninstall iGetter" application located in the iGetter folder. It will uninstall all iGetter components (incl. iGetter browser plugin and iGetter contextual menu plugin) and will restore completely the Internet File Helper preferences to their default state (for Internet Explorer). Then you can remove the iGetter folder from your hard disk.

However, it seems that you've deleted iGetter folder without using the uninstaller. In this case you can use the following plug-in uninstaller http://www.fileavenue.net/downloads/Uninstall_Plugin_OSX.bin or if you don't plan to use Internet Explorer anymore just remove the "iGetter Plugin" located in the "Home/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

Regards,
iGetter Support

08-10-2006 02:56 AM

Posted by:
Anna

Find more posts by Anna

no default program

it's not working with this reason.
so move them all into trash and tried to download but that even still transfer to i getter.
how can I do?

08-10-2006 03:50 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Anna,

You need to remove the following files and your Safari browser will run properly again:

<Home folder>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iGetter Plugin
<Home folder>/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle
<Home folder>/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn

If you want to empty the trash immediately you have to restart your machine.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply