iGetter and proxies in system prefs
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-13-2005 09:48 PM

Posted by:
thesearcher

Find more posts by thesearcher

Is there a way to configure iGetter to ignore the Web proxy that is in Sytem Preferences?

The reason I use a web proxy is for image compression to speed up surfing. If I am downloading an image, it is likely because I want to see it in its original form. Also, having iGetter go through the Web proxy causes the 'download never finishes' problem, which you have acknowledged on this forum. Some downloads refuse to start through the proxy at all.

Perhaps the iGetter prefs could be changed in a future version to refer to its own prefs for proxies, and not the system wide settings? Do you have another workaround for this?

I don't want to disable my system proxy setting every time I want to download something.

02-14-2005 03:15 PM

Posted by:
IGetter Support

Find more posts by IGetter Support

Hello,
As a native Mac OS X application iGetter uses Sytem Preferences for Proxy settings. This makes network configuration of iGetter easier for users. It seems that Safari uses the Sytem Preferences too. Currently you can try to browse with Firefox or Mozilla that use their own Proxy settings.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-15-2005 06:36 AM

Posted by:
thesearcher

Find more posts by thesearcher

My proxy client adds the proxy address to the System Prefs automatically, so even if I use Firefox, I still have the same problem with iGetter. Would it be possible to add a feature to the next update whereby the user has the option of telling iGetter to not use proxies? (Please?)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply