Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
I just got cable modem access, iGetter not working.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-20-2005 09:09 PM

Posted by:
BrT

Find more posts by BrT

I Just got Comcast Highspeed Internet with a cable modem. I'm switching from 56k dial up, which works fine.

I don't know what settings to change to make iGetter work with my new connection.

My dial up and iGetter still work together even with my Router and Cable modem hooked up to my G4, OS X 10.2.8.

I looked in the iGetter Preferences, and under tab "Proxy”
I tried my Comcast user name and password for Authentication Socks Firewall 4.0/5.0, Authentication HTTP proxy, and Authentication FTP proxy, each one at a time closing and restarting iGetter each time. Still didn't work. I did try a system restart too.

My Comcast user name and password are what is used for logging into my account on the Comcast website.

I thought Authentication FTP proxy would work. Since comcast configured my mac under System Preferences, under the tab proxies,
boxes check to "use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)”, and "Secure Web Proxy.”

I know how to change my router's settings with its included software.

How can I get iGetter to work with my Cable modem connection?
My browsers Mozilla and Safari, work fine with the new fast connection.

02-21-2005 05:24 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello BrT,
iGetter uses the reported from the Mac OS X Network port to test for an Internet connection. So you must configure your cable modem as prior at the System Preferences -> Network -> Active Network ports -> Set first the cable connection.

You may also switch off the 'Test connection status' in the iGetter Connections preferences to tell iGetter not to test any available dial-up connection.

You don't need to enter your user info in the iGetter Proxy preferences. iGetter uses the System Preferences proxy settings. The user info at iGetter proxy preferences is an addition which you don't need in this case.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply