Redial & resume within OSX
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-16-2001 06:53 AM

Posted by:
Mr.Rogue

Find more posts by Mr.Rogue

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a problem with the PPP reconnect within iGetter and OSX? It seems that whenever I get a disconnection, iGetter can't seem to redial as it does within OS9x, maybe it's my system, but to be honest, i've checked for any inconsitencies and have found nothing which would cause this problem. It is somewhat frustrating when I am downloading something relatively large and it doesn't resume, especially when I have left it overnight to wake up in the morning only to find a partially downloaded file. It works fantastically within OS9x, but I do not want to keep rebooting from X to 9 whenever I need to DL something. My OS is currently at 10.04 if this helps. I look forward to a response.
Many thanks in advance.

09-29-2001 07:29 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
Thanks for the post to our forum.
We will contact you by email.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-28-2001 03:05 PM

Posted by:
Zoran

Find more posts by Zoran

I think that you (the support folks) should post the answer here. I have the same problem on OS X 10.1.1.

11-29-2001 06:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
MacOS X supports multiple IP interfaces and can route the IP packets to the currently online interface (modem, LAN card, etc.). MacOS 9 works in a different way. The system software supports only one IP interface (in example only modem, only LAN card, etc).
So, iGetter for MacOS 9 detects the disconnected modem immediately because the modem is the only IP interface to the Internet.
In MacOS X there are many IP interfaces and iGetter just tests if there is a valid IP interface to the Internet. If your computer is connected to a LAN, iGetter will detect this and will not attempt to redial your modem. To avoid this you must disable the Ethernet interface temporarily when you want iGetter to control (redial and hang-up) your modem. The same problem exists if you have two modems.

In the future versions we will make an option for choosing the connection port.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-31-2003 11:42 AM

Posted by:
idave03

Find more posts by idave03

How exactly do you disable your ethernet port in OSX Jaguar?

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply