iGetter 2.2 and Network Error: 61
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-20-2005 11:09 PM

Posted by:
Luchanan

Find more posts by Luchanan

Ever since I updated to iGetter 2.2 I haven't been able to download. Whenever I try, I always get this following messages on the log:

Start Request: Date & Time here
Connection: IP address here
Network Error: 61

This occurs from servers both with and without password.

03-21-2005 07:26 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Luchanan,
Network error 61 means "Connection refused". This error may appear in two cases. First if you use a Socks proxy enter the authentication info in the iGetter preferences, Proxy panel. Second, your network connection is not configured properly or there is a firewall blocking iGetter to connect the Internet. Also, if you use a modem verify that you've connected your modem to the Internet first or set on the "Redial if disconnected" iGetter function.

Try also the following suggestions:
If you don't plan to use a modem connection switch off the 'Test connection status' in the iGetter Connections preferences to tell iGetter not to test any available PPP modem connections.

Also, you must configure your Internet interface connection as prior from the System Preferences->Network->Active Network ports-> Set first the interface connection that goes to the Internet.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-21-2005 11:55 AM

Posted by:
Luchanan

Find more posts by Luchanan

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been using iGetter since 2.1 and didn't have any problems then. I didn't change any of my settings since the upgrade to 2.2 either :(

I suppose I'll mess around a little and try to figure it out :)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply