Downloads No longer Working
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-07-2005 10:27 AM

Posted by:
Newbie79

Find more posts by Newbie79

Downloaded IGetter2.2, Didn't like it, Unistalled ( as intructed, ran the uninstall program included with the program ) and now any download i try brings up Script Editor and my browser ( And i've tried all of them, Netscape7.2 Firefox (latest, not sure of the version number ) Safari and IE ) Locks up till i quit Script editor. The only way i can download a file is to 'Right click' and save link as.

Any idea why this is happening or how I can fix it?

04-11-2005 05:50 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
This is a really strange problem that seems to be outside the iGetter. However, you can check what plug-ins are loaded for example by typing the following command in Firefox:

about:plugins

You will see all loaded browser plugins which are common for all browsers (except Opera), and may be the browser plug-in that causes the problem with your Script Editor.

Also, you can check the "Home/Library/InternetPlug-Ins" folder. If for any reason the iGetter plug-in is there, then you must remove it and your browsers (Safari, Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, OmniWeb and iCab) must run properly, now.

For Internet Explorer you must look at its File Helper preferences to see why your downloads start the Script Editor.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply