iGetter 2.2 and Safari 1.3
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-16-2005 04:30 AM

Posted by:
jax

Find more posts by jax

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the new Safari update has created a conflict with iGetter and/or it's plug-ins. I've been trouble shooting for about 4 hours now, since installing the OS X 10.3.9 update and I was getting constant unexpected quits when trying to close windows. I've eleminated some other apps that may have been a problem, but I finally got Safari to stop quitting when I uninstalled iGetter. Any info from anyone else would be appreciated. If it is in fact a conflict between Safari and iGetter I hope there's an update to fix it. I love this app and I'd hate to lose it. Thank you for your time

04-16-2005 12:35 PM

Posted by:
Natty Winkle

Find more posts by Natty Winkle

iGetter 1.9.5 and Safari 1.3

Same as the previous post! Just upgraded to 10.3.9 of OS X, Safari 1.3. I use 1.9.5 of iGetter, yes I haven't upgraded yet. Same issue when you close safari, crash. Removed the iGetter bundle from ~/Library/InputManagers and all works as it should. Guess you won't fix the old version and not sure I will upgrade but thought I should bring it to your attention

04-16-2005 06:20 PM

Posted by:
dthardcore

Find more posts by dthardcore

yep

I agree same thing happened to me after i updated, it kinda made safari pointless to even try to use until i uninstalled igetter 2.2

04-16-2005 10:09 PM

Posted by:
Tanzen

Find more posts by Tanzen

I had the same problem with the new Safari and Igetter 2.2

After I deleted IgetterImbundle from library, everything worked fine.

I'll wait for Igetter 2.3 then :)

04-17-2005 02:41 AM

Posted by:
yorkio

Find more posts by yorkio

Ah right, it seems like everyone else has beaten me to it. I thought it was AcidSearch causing all my problems with the new Safari, so I deleted that but was still getting crashes on closing windows, as well as an incredibly slow start up time for Safari. In the end, I ended up reinstalling Safari 1.2 and everything's running fine again now (and I've got my beloved AcidSearch back!). It was only then I starting to come across reports that iGetter was causing problems as well...

Any news on a fix for this yet, Presenta?

04-17-2005 03:26 AM

Posted by:
DuEy

Find more posts by DuEy

Same problem here, deleted ~/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle/ and it worked fine.

04-17-2005 03:13 PM

Posted by:
Des

Find more posts by Des

Same exact problem here. After trying all the posted Safari crash fixes, I uninstalled igetter and the Safari crashes stopped.

04-17-2005 06:01 PM

Posted by:
Joe

Find more posts by Joe

I am another iGetter 2.2 user who had to uninstall to get Safari 1.3 to work correctly. In my case Safari 1.3 ran pretty much alright until I closed a window, any window at which point I got the "Unexpected Quit -- do you want to send this to Apple" dialogue. I tried disabling iGetter, but that didn't help at all, it had to be completely uninstalled using the iGetter uninstaller.

This leads me to suspect there will be a lot more people having problems with Safari 2.0 and iGetter when Tiger ships in 12 days.

04-17-2005 06:43 PM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

There are some comments on versiontracker kind of repeating this problem. It could be anything of course, but worth a check.

04-17-2005 06:55 PM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

Couldn't stand not saying

There are some people at California, USA having nifty Apple logos in their business cards and it writes "QA" there. Quality Assurance.

You update a browser and yet doesn't check it with iGetter and Speed Download. Forget the less popular ones.

I am also sure there is a problem with Adobe Acrobat plugin 7.0.1 .

04-17-2005 11:32 PM

Posted by:
jax

Find more posts by jax

Safari 1.3

So far it seems Safari doesn't wanna play nice with much of anything. There's been a couple of other apps that have put updates out to make them work with 1.3 but even some of those are still dodgy. I dunno, I tried the new version of Pith Helmet but certain sites were causing crashes again, so I dumped it. I can live without the other stuff but I'd really like to get iGetter back.

04-18-2005 12:51 AM

Posted by:
Bush8TER

Find more posts by Bush8TER

Same here...I tried every fix I read about, and and some others, but it was only after deleting the iGetter bundle that Safari finally played nice.

It seems like this version of Safari has broken just about everything that had anything to do with it. The changes to Safari are certainly welcome, Java script performance is screaming now, but couldn't Apple have gotten early builds out to developers so they would have fixes by now? Or did Apple catch them off guard by putting Tiger optimizations into the 10.3.9 update?

Well I hope iGetter is fixed soon, this is one of my favorite apps since Apple never bothered to include a download manager with Safari.

04-18-2005 03:10 AM

Posted by:
Des

Find more posts by Des

You don't have to uninstall igetter to avoid the Safari crashes on close/close windows.

Run igetter, and go to preferences.

Uncheck: "Add contextural support for Internet browsers"
Uncheck ""Integrate with Internet browsers"

Quit igetter.

Delete the igetter bundle from Inputmanagers as mentioned above.

Now everything is fine - running igetter will not recreate the igetter bundle in Inputmanagers and so Safari won't crash.

Works for me here.

04-18-2005 08:13 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Fix for v2.2 & Safari 1.3: Uncheck "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option.

It appears that iGetter v2.2 Input Manager Bundle is incompatible with the new release of Safari (coming with Mac OS X 10.3.9 update). To avoid crashing of Safari v1.3 you must uncheck "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

We're working on a fix of this problem and will release a new version as soon as possible. Note that the "Integrate with Internet browsers (Watch for URL clicks)" option works well with Safari v1.3.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

04-19-2005 05:10 PM

Posted by:
Klaus Buschmann

Find more posts by Klaus Buschmann

Safari freeze by Cmd+Q or +W after 10.3.9

In fact: Removing user/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle solved that problem.

04-20-2005 05:00 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Klaus,
You must only uncheck "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. iGetter will remove the iGetterIMBundle automatically.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-20-2005 11:10 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Yes but thats the whole point of using igetter. so i dont have to copy paste urls all day long. Well its Camino for me now i guess..

04-20-2005 05:03 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Removing user/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle solved that problem.
mine is empty!

in fact i am not using
Contextual menu support for Internet browsers?

04-21-2005 03:20 AM

Posted by:
jl

Find more posts by jl

iGetter and Safari 1.3

Good bye Safari
long life to Firefox 1.0.3
works fine with iGetter

04-23-2005 04:16 AM

Posted by:
PO_

Find more posts by PO_

Thank you for the solution .

Hello,

First time I write here.

I'm an iGetter User for quite a long time (10.1.x), and was very sad to have to stop using it since the 10.3.9 upgrade.

I've just read the explanation, here, concerning contextual menus. It works fine. I've very happy to continue using iGetter, with the "integrate with internet browsers" option. I've never used the contextual menus :).

I hope that the Tiger Release is Ready :)

Thak you for the good job !

05-25-2005 12:20 PM

Posted by:
Steve Jay

Find more posts by Steve Jay

Is there an uninstaller for iGetter?

Is there an uninstaller for iGetter, I'm starting to suspect it may be the cause of my Safari problems and I'd rather chuck out iGetter than chuck out Safari (Firefox is junk after Safari)

05-27-2005 05:46 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Steve,
iGetter v2.3 is compatible with Safari v1.3 (Mac OS X 10.3.9) and v2 (Mac OS X 10.4.x) as well as 1.x versions. Apple released several updates including Mac OS X 10.4.1 that fixes many Safari problems as well as a Java update for v1.3. A good resource for Safari issues and fixes is the macfixit.com site.

If you use iGetter v2.2 and Safari v1.3 or later, just update to v2.3 or uncheck "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option (iGetter preferences, Integration panel). If you still want to uninstall iGetter use the uninstaller located in the iGetter app folder.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-08-2005 05:58 PM

Posted by:
recherchemp3

Find more posts by recherchemp3

I run Safari 2 with iGetter 2.3 and I have no problem. All works fine.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply