iGetter & Turbo Internet?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-03-2001 03:34 PM

Posted by:
iPerson

Find more posts by iPerson

It's me again. I just downloaded iGetter and interface, functions and browser integration is cool... But but but it refuses to download files :).

I sent you an e-mail already, but I wanted to share my problem with other users.

I use Turbo Internet, speeds up my net connection (http://www.macunicorn.com). It's not the main purpose of the product, but it lacks a download manager, and even though it can resume broken downloads, iGetter is just better.

But when I use Turbo Internet, iGetter reports an error telling me that it can't download, doesn't find server, I don't remember. When I use Remote Access and not TI to connect, it works fine.

A workaround?

iMac Blueberry: G3/350MHz
128Mb of RAM
MacOS 9.1
Internal iMac modem 56K
HD 9Gb
Internet Explorer 5.0
iGetter 1.0
Turbo Internet 1.1.1r1

05-04-2001 01:43 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello iPerson,
We tested iGetter with Turbo Internet 1.1.2r1 (the latest release). And everything works well - iGetter downloads files and so on.

We recommend you to upgrade your version of Turbo Internet to 1.1.2r1.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-04-2001 03:34 PM

Posted by:
iPerson

Find more posts by iPerson

Thanks!

Thanks very much! Works with me! I'm dumb, when I visited Mac Unicorn I thought the last version was 1.1.1r1 and not 1.1.2r1. Sorry.

07-17-2001 12:00 PM

Posted by:
moocow

Find more posts by moocow

Turbo Internet

FYI, Turbo Internet is vaporware -- it does absolutely nothing other than displaying nice statistics. Folks at Mac Unicorn been tricking unsuspecting users for a while, changing the company and product name every 1-2 years.

But if you like the sweet lies, continue using it, you've paid for it after all...

-moocow

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply