Error Messages with authentication
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-23-2005 05:28 PM

Posted by:
kira

Find more posts by kira

Hello i already read the simmilar Articles in the Forum to this Case i have also the Problem that i have a Pass Protected Site with 80 files on one Page i Getter offers me in contextual menu to download them all . the Window for Processing the site pops up the little wheel in the bottom left corner is turning and then nothing happens when i click OK
i think Igetter is a great Idea but i am not a experienced User and i find the Online Help even as it is written in my Language too complicated
dears KIra

05-23-2005 05:35 PM

Posted by:
kira

Find more posts by kira

works

well maybe the Problem was i tried it with iCab now i tried it with Safari and it Works first i got the autentication failed messages but i deleted the Keycain and now it seems to work
but really is there some sort of a tutorial or a explanation of the Elements in the igetter Window ß
dears Kira

05-24-2005 01:59 AM

Posted by:
Kira

Find more posts by Kira

Problem

it all worked fine with this first Page
but as i tried the same procedure on the next page ( select the first Picture in the window and use the : get all " order the Process window comes up and shows all files when i press Ok it all seems to work but in the segment Window i get the Error 401 unautorized
this is Strange because it sould be same as on Page 1 can you please help me ?
dears Kira

05-25-2005 04:37 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Kira,
You can avoid the authorization error if you enter your user info for this site in the iGetter Site Manager (iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel). The site entry is the host part of your downloads (i.e. for http://www.server.com/file.ext you must enter http://www.server.com/ and your user info for this site).

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-27-2005 11:44 AM

Posted by:
Kra

Find more posts by Kra

Well it works as you said .. nearly i filled my Information in the Site Manager in. but it seems that as soon as i take another set of pictures with a different Name it doesnt work my Way around it is to stop the Downloads Double click on the File and then as the settings Window opens i put my Password in the Advanced Settings Area and click on the tick for use these settings in the Settings Manger this is a bit anoing but its semms to be the only way .
i also must tell you that no other Download Programm is able to handle this Site i use Webdevil and Page Sucker both dont work only Webdumper seemed to work well it got all the files but stoppes always for no Reason . igetter does the business also i find it very good to not haveing to switch to another Programm.
so well you did a very good Job on this Programm it is a bit uncomfortable and hard to see throug for a NotComputeExpierenced Girl like me , but does the Job Great !!
dears KIRA

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply