Apple updates
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-09-2005 07:13 AM

Posted by:
Michael Newham

Find more posts by Michael Newham

I have to use a dial up internet connection and I have a problem in that Apple software updates are interrupted due to loosing my telephone connecttion. On reconnecting the download will not resume, it starts at the beginning again. What is the procedure of obtaining these downloads with igetter.

07-11-2005 07:20 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
The most convenient method to add a download link to iGetter is to turn on "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function. Now, you need only to browse with your browser (i.e. Safari) and when you click over a download link, iGetter must intercept the link automatically instead of Safari's download manager.

Note that by default the redial and hang-up functions are not placed on the Toolbar. You can use the "Customize Toolbar" function from the Edit menu to place them on the iGetter Toolbar.

If you have an Ethernet connection to a local network, iGetter may not redial because it recognizes another available connection. You must disable the Ethernet connection temporarily for the redial and hang-up functions to work correctly.

A small suggestion when you download from the Apple site. The real download link is always after a blue arrow pointing down and looks for example like "63MB".

Methods to add an URL to the iGetter queue:
1. Use "Integrate with Internet browser" Tools menu function. Now, when you click on a download in your browser it must start iGetter and appear in the queue automatically.
2. Use "Download with iGetter" browser's contextual menu function in Safari, Internet Explorer, iCab or Camino.
3. Use menu Edit -> Paste (Cmd + V) directly when you have copied some URL.
4. Drag and drop a download URL to the iGetter window or use the Target Icon from menu Window -> Show Target Icon.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply