Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Upgrade to 2.3 (already have 2.1 and 2.2)
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-20-2005 10:20 AM

Posted by:
Charles

Find more posts by Charles

Hi Folks,
I would like to upgrade to iGetter 2.3 (and then pay for it!) as I have been successfully using iGetter 2.1 and 2.2 which are both still installed. What sequence should I follow ?

My guess is that I should first uninstall both iGetter 2.1 and 2.2 and then download iGetter 2.3. If that is not correct (or perhaps not all necessary) then what are the exact steps to perform to get iGetter 2.3 installed properly (and eliminate 2.1 and 2.2)?

Also, I have SVGICCCarbon and SVGViewCarbon at present in my Applications Folder (plus their .bin files on my Desktop). How do I get them to work with iGetter 2.3 (if they do)?

Thanks for your help!

07-22-2005 05:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Charles,
To update your current version of iGetter, first download its latest version from http://www.igetter.net/downloads.html. Then, run the iGetter uninstaller (either v2.1 or v2.2) located in the iGetter application folder. Now, you can throw to trash old versions and install the new one.

There is no problem to install as much versions as you like, but it's possible that the iGetter browser's plug-in may not find and start the iGetter application. So, we recommend you to uninstall and delete old versions and then install the new one.

Regarding the SVGICCCarbon and SVGViewCarbon, I'm supposed to think that you ask if the iGetter browser's plugin will work simultaneously with a SVG browser's plug-in. iGetter plug-in is designed to intercept only archived files by default so there should be no conflicts. You can modify files that you want iGetter to intercept in your browser at the iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply