Download problems with SourceForge
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-26-2005 08:59 AM

Posted by:
Marius van Wyk

Find more posts by Marius van Wyk

I seem to start downloading fine, but the browser window (Safari) in the background seems to keep reloading the download page, adding and re-adding the link to iGetter.... next thing I see I have downloaded multiple copies...

I'm using latest Safari on Tiger with latest iGetter.

07-28-2005 07:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Marius,
The reported problem may appear with some self refreshing download pages as those of sourceforge. To avoid the loopback problem you can stop the Safari browser by the "Esc" key, push the "Back" button, close the browser window/tab or follow the steps described below.

Find the iGetter application and select the contextual menu function "Show Package Contents". Now open Contents -> Resources -> English.lproj folder and find the "PluginPage.htm" file. Open it with some editor (not TextEdit). You will see the following text:

"<html>
<head>
<title>-</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
history.go(-2);
//-->
</script>
</head>...."

Now, you can just correct the text "history.go(-2);" to "history.go(-3);". (This will help in most of the cases including sourceforge, because there is always an intermediate page before the final download's page, but may still fail in some particular cases.) Or you can remove the entire script part "<script language="JavaScript">...</script>". Save the file as a simple text replacing the old one.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply