Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Windows
Impossible to uninstall (v2.0 beta release)
  Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-03-2005 01:41 PM

Posted by:
Merit

Find more posts by Merit

Hi !
I'm one of the beta tester of Igetter windows. Because september was finish, the software stop to work. So I tried to uninstall, but it ask me everytime to close browser, in despite no browser is working on. It's similar after a reboot. So i dediced to force uninstall (delete) with ace utilities. But under firefox, it continue to try to catch the file, and after i get an error message. So please tell me can i remove it completely, i don't want to have to reinstall windows xp from the begining.

10-04-2005 04:36 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Suppor

Find more posts by iGetter Suppor

Hello Merit,
We made some improvements in the final 2.0 release regarding the iGetter integration with Firefox, Opera, etc. browsers. In order to uninstall the beta version you can do the following:

1. Delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\iGetter" folder. Download and install the final v2.0 release. Then open menu Tools, Options, Integration panel. Now, turn off the "Add contextual menu support" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options. If they are off, turn them on, confirm and then turn them back off.

2. Manually:
2.1. Close your Firefox browser.
2.2. Locate the "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" folder and delete the following files:

plugins\npiget*.dll (all npiget.dll plugins)
components\nsIGetter.dll
components\nsIGetterMoz.xpt
chrome\igetter.jar
chrome\overlayinfo\browser\content\overlays.rdf
chrome\overlayinfo\communicator\content\overlays.rdf
open "chrome\installed-chrome.txt" and remove any trace of igetter.jar (optional)

2.3 Locate the "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<Profile>" folder and delete the following files:

compreg.dat
xpti.dat

2.4 Run Firefox. It must work properly now.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply