What Does Licensing Get You?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-01-2005 05:40 PM

Posted by:
brad

Find more posts by brad

i really enjoy the product, but i'm a little hesitant to register without knowing what the "limitations" are that will be unlocked upon purchase..can anyone help me out? specifically, the gray-ed out icons "restore alerts" and "item settings" under the edit menu - what do they do? can you set iGetter to search for updates on the software on your computer , a la version tracker pro, or at least something similar? thanks for any help...

11-02-2005 07:17 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Brad,
Registration of iGetter removes the delay of 15 sec. at startup and makes possible further development of iGetter.

The "Restore Alerts" command just turns off all "Don't tell/ask me again" options available at some Alerts (currently there is only one informative alert with this option). "Item Settings" command works only for the paused downloads in the "Downloads" group. This command shows a dialog where you can adjust settings (change the download folder, adjust number of segments, add mirrors and so on) of a selected download.

As of software updates, currently you can search for software titles using the FileAvenue search functionality. We also plan to add a "My Favorites" group that will indicate when a new version of your favorite software is available.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-02-2005 10:23 AM

Posted by:
brad

Find more posts by brad

excellent news! do you know if the "favorites" menu is a long-range addition or is it coming fairly soon? is there an update list i can sign up for?

11-07-2005 04:23 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Brad,
The "My Favorites" FileAvenue feature will appear most probably in version 2.6 of iGetter. You can subscribe for the iGetter mailing news at:
http://www.igetter.net/downloads.html#iGetterNews

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply