New to mac and igetter and confused..help
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-24-2005 08:18 AM

Posted by:
Adrian Duggan

Find more posts by Adrian Duggan

I am in mid process of changing from windows to mac...i am starting to ask myself why as I realise the lack of programmes available for this platform,however perserverence is the name of the game.
I have osx, when i go to down load a file,i right click with my mouse..download with igetter is an option. I click this option and nothing appears to happen.Also as I am used to using DAP on microsft and with that programme a whole box appears telling me download progress resume supported etc. Have i not installed this feature properly,am I asscessing it incorrectly or am I just plain old stupid for changing my bloody platform and spending cursed hours trying to understand how it all works...what is an install file called (.exe .ins) etc etc if any one can throw light in this very dark tunnel please help,us Europeans are slow to understand mac (or just idiots like me!)

11-24-2005 08:53 AM

Posted by:
me again

Find more posts by me again

found it

and as if by magic i have solved the problem so no help needed thanks!!

11-29-2005 05:09 PM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

No worries, there is a very big help file built into OS X exactly giving help to windows switchers.

Click an empty space in desktop, it will write "finder". Now click Help menu, click "mac help".

See "Switcher 101"

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply