does not download files with me
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-29-2001 09:08 AM

Posted by:
Terry

Find more posts by Terry

This sounds bizarre but this program downloads all kinds of html, asp pages etc, as well as jpegs, gifs etc, but will not download any files (ie. .hqx, .sit)

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

09-29-2001 05:02 PM

Posted by:
Terry

Find more posts by Terry

problem partially solved

I have discovered that it is only certain files that will not download, such as:

http://download.yahoo.com/dl/mac/ymsgrmac.hqx

possibly this has something to do with cookies?

10-05-2001 01:22 AM

Posted by:
Jake

Find more posts by Jake

i agree, since downloading 1.4 all my downloads get to the end then stop with 'waiting' with no countdown, and the next queued download doesn't start. i've changed the segments to one.
BRING BACK 1.3

12-28-2002 04:35 PM

Posted by:
Robert

Find more posts by Robert

I have the problem like when you try to download something at CNet or ZDNet or Version Tracker, they bring you to an html download page that says thankyou for downloading, but it downloads the HTML file not the .sit/.hqx. I can only get it to download if I click the "download did not start" link and click the link that is directly pointing to the file. I don't know how to fix this but I have been trying for the past few hours.

12-29-2002 10:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Robert,
The sites you've mentioned above start their downloads automatically using a Java Script method. You can use the 'Integrate with Internet browsers' iGetter Tools function to intercept these URLs with iGetter. Otherwise if you use the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu function you will receive only a HTML advertisement page. The last function is useful only if the URL is a link to real download.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-03-2003 09:03 AM

Posted by:
Lailoken

Find more posts by Lailoken

Switch off and download problems.

1. It would be nice to be able to have the option on to
a) on every download choose native or iGetter download (pop-up)
b) Native browser only
c) iGetter only.

2. I have a problem that certain sites does not want to download into iGetter... it downloads in my native browser (Safari) instead. It does not seem the browser integration is very sold... will this be fixed?

e-mail responses cced would be appreciated.

Regards,
Marius.

09-09-2003 07:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Marius,
Because of browsers restrictions we can use a limited plug-in method for intercepting download URLs. That cause showing a notification page for transferring the download and limitation to filter downloads only by extension. We're always looking for a better way to integrate iGetter and hope that new browser versions will give us more freedom.

Note that Safari handles dmg files on its own without respect to the installed plug-in. This is a problem that we hope Apple will solve in the near future.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply