Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-29-2001 10:37 AM

Posted by:
kalleboo

Find more posts by kalleboo

I love this program!

Now, to the problems:
* The CMM plugin doesn't seem to work with IE5, at least, I don't get the option to "download with iGetter". Not really a big problem, Copy link to clipboard works fine, and is the same amount of work.
* I usually prefer Appearance manager compatibility over peoples own interfaces, mostly because I want all apps to follow my Kaleidoscope Schemes =)
* You need to make the Filters more advanced. I want to make a filer for "Not Complete", but I can't see any way to do that. You shoudl at least add a way to shift-click and select more than one filter at a time to give an "and" effect.
* I have a modem connected through a LAN and it would be nice to somehow hide the PPP connect/disconnect buttons to reduce GUI clutter. (also, I think I'd like to hide the shutdown button so I don't hit it by mistake)
* Add something like in GetRight for the PC, you can make a "mirror list" for a file when you are doing a segmented download if a server only supports something 2 connections.
* Balloon help?
* What does the number in the "Resume" column mean?
* The speed meter in the status strips is often wrong. Sometimes it reported that I downloaded a 50 kB/s over a modem!!

I notice that this is a pre-release... and I love it already... but you can still see that it's a pre-release. Well, it's better than DAP for PC at least.. lets see how good iGetter can get!

09-29-2001 11:31 AM

Posted by:
KalleBoo

Find more posts by KalleBoo

Additions

* Internet Explorer thought it was a good idea to stop a 50 MB transfer at 40 MBs, thinking it was done, and I wants to restart.. is there somehow iGetter can "pick up" on this download and continue it?
* I feel the "File details" window should say what it's gonna do when the file is done, like netscape. (i.e. "Will open with Stuffit Expander", "Will save as SoundApp file") and it should have a scheckbox so that you can turn off post-processing.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply