iGetter with File Front
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-14-2006 04:24 PM

Posted by:
JB

Find more posts by JB

The website file front does some very strange things. Im not quite sure how the donwloads work. They do not allow multiple connections so iv set my connections to 1. Now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. When I set iGetter to intergrate with safari when i try to download something from file front it just goes to the regular download window, and doesnt get fowarded. When i try and option click it and download with iGetter it sometimes works, but most of the time it doesnt.
any help or sugestions? or a plugin update?

01-16-2006 11:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello JB,
The situation with the filefront.com seems to be somehow complicated since their download servers in most of the cases have a delay period before you can get the real download link. We tried to download the FIFA 2005 Demo and with one segment iGetter downloads and resumes the file just fine. Our recommendation is if some of the filefront.com downloads appears as broken and you can't resume it any longer try to replace its URL with another download location from the filefront downloads page.

Since most of the files on filefront.com are for Windows you need to add the "exe" extension at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. Then all exe files must be intercepted by iGetter instead of Safari.

You can also download with iGetter files listed in your Safari download's list by pausing the download (Cmd+.) and then copy the URL with the "Copy address" contextual menu command. Now start iGetter and paste the URL (Cmd+V) directly or in the New URL (Cmd+N) dialog.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-17-2006 03:51 PM

Posted by:
JB

Find more posts by JB

I followed your advice and i think i should have mentiond that the file in question is a .mov so i didnt need to change to exe. And the download still wouldnt auto foward. Iv tried manualy pasteing the url into the download box, iv tried coppying the link and iv tried right clicking and seclecting "download with iGetter." Iv done this with intergration on and off and clipboard monitering on and off. Sometimes it works and thats whats really frusterateing me.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply