Default downloader?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-17-2006 03:43 AM

Posted by:
hokyar

Find more posts by hokyar

I am just testing iGetter on Mac OSX. Is there a way to assign iGetter as the default download manager? i.e., no right click to select iGetter. Left click automatically selects iGetter.

I use Safari regularly and Firefox occasionally.

Thanks

01-17-2006 08:23 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Hokyar,
If you turn on the "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function, iGetter will install a browser plug-in that intercepts all files with extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg". Now when you click on a download link (of a file listed above), it must be added to iGetter automatically.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-18-2006 08:05 AM

Posted by:
hokyar

Find more posts by hokyar

Thanks for the quick reply. Great service!

I should have said, I already enabled browser integration and included all the extensions. When I try to download a file, say with a *.rar extension, Safari still uses the built-in download manager, not iGetter. If I right click the link and pick iGetter option, it works.

Any ideas?

01-24-2006 01:42 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Hokyar,
RAR archives often use extensions as r01, r02, etc. You must add all of these extensions including "rar" in the extensions list located at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. Otherwise you can use the contextual menu command "Download with iGetter" which seems to be more convenient in this case.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-01-2007 04:50 PM

Posted by:
Liz

Find more posts by Liz

Firefox 2.* and iGetter

I can't get iGetter to integrate with Firefox 2.* - not to capture url clicks nor to appear in the context menu to manually select iGetter to download.

Is it possible I am missing an essential plugin?
Or does iGetter simply not integrate with Firefox 2.* in any way, shape, or form?

Firefox 2.*'s Download manager is poor... DownThemAll! is better and has context menu integration but not click monitoring... iGetter is just so, so much better all the way around - - except for the lack of integration which makes all iGetter downloads manual, and tedious. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

03-01-2007 05:07 PM

Posted by:
Liz

Find more posts by Liz

Firefox 2.* and iGetter, part 2

Actually, just discovered that with browser integration selected in my preferences, if I 'ctrl-click' on a link (to access the context menu) and select "Copy Link Location" in the contextual menu, iGetter will open the "New URL" window (with the 'URL', 'Advanced', and 'Mirrors' submenus).

This is great! No need for Flashgot!

So, my question was resolved (I have context menu access to iGetter) but if there are any suggestions on how to integrate iGetter with Firefox 2.* for click monitoring, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

03-05-2007 09:23 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Liz,
Did you try to turn off then back on the "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function? Then in Firefox when you type "about:plugins" in the address bar do you see the iGetter plugin listed? If so most probably you need to add some more extensions in the iGetter preferences -> Integration panel -> extensions list.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply