< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-01-2006 04:43 AM

Posted by:
CCss

Find more posts by CCss

Hello,
I am trying to download files from sendspace. They are 1 GB files but at about 1020 MB, they just stop : they say "waiting" for ages and finally they're broken. What happened and how could I resume these files ?
THanks

02-01-2006 06:52 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
First, you can see the reason for the waiting/broken state if you open the transfer details panel, then choose the "Segments" tab and start your download. Now, select the first segment. Immediately after the iGetter request you will see the reason (error) for the waiting/broken state.

Some possible reasons for the problem:
1. There is a proxy somewhere on the way that cashes the download. The problem disappears if you have an alternative URL for this file or alternative connection (another ISP) to the Internet. Download will be resumed just fine. Otherwise, when the Proxy cache expires (probably within 24 hours) you must be able to finish your download.

2. There is some kind of restriction over the number of connections that you can make on sendspace servers. Since they seems to use different servers you can limit the number of connections manually at the New URL dialog setting the number of segments to 1 or generally setting the "Max simultaneous downloads" and "Default number of segments" to 1 at iGetter preferences, General and Acceleration panels.

3. See if the file URL isn't expired and you need to get a fresh link for that download.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-01-2006 08:01 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

First of all thank you for answering so fast.

I have checked and there is no restriction of any kind with sendspace servers : you can resume and download as many files at a time as you want, also you can use download accelerators.

If it is what you called a proxy cache server, as I have no possible alternative url nor isp, I should wait 24 hours. Do you mean that I should leave the downloads in pause during at least 24 ours ?

Thanks

CCss

02-01-2006 02:31 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

I could finally try an alternate link, an alternate isp and had actually waited more than 24 hours but still no result...
any other suggestion ?

02-02-2006 07:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

What error do you see at the "Segments" tab panel (select the segment that is trying to connect the Internet)? (Immediately after the iGetter request you will see the error written in red color).

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-02-2006 02:57 AM

Posted by:
Ren

Find more posts by Ren

sendspace resume issues

I'm using 56k and am also having problems resuming from sendspace... at first it resumed fine but now my file is at 99% and keeps saying "Network error: the server reports it cannot resume download" However, I checked the link and it wasn't broken or expired. I haven't downloaded for almost two days and igetter is still giving me the same error. What can I do?

04-05-2010 09:48 AM

Posted by:
LX Master

Find more posts by LX Master

Broken Segments

Hi. I have also experienced 'broken segments' and it is not resuming because the reason is "Network error: Failed to get the segment." What is the meaning of this? Thanks.

04-06-2010 11:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

LX Master,
The "Failed to get the segment" error is a general kind of error and means that iGetter can't connect to the server or there is no enough free space on your HD.

What you can try:
1. You can try to limit the number of connections to 1 for that site in the iGetter preferences, Site Manager. Also you can set the "Default number of segments" to 1 or the "Minimal segment size" to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.
2. Sometimes servers like rapidshare return errors like "502 Bad Gateway", which subsequently cause the failed to get the segment error. In this case you can try to replace, through the "Item Settings" dialog, the current download URL with a fresh one from the same download page.
3. See your Proxy and Firewall settings at Mac OS X System Preferences -> Network panel.
4. See that you don't download on a removable or network drive. If you disconnect it you will not be able to resume that download any longer.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-02-2010 11:47 PM

Posted by:
dantan

Find more posts by dantan

Im having the same problem all of a sudden. I used to download rapidshare files with no prolems. Now when I download a movie only about half the links work fine and the rest say waiting. They download a little bit then say waiting again. This happens all day until link says broken. If I use another download accelerater they all download fine. I prefer to use igetter.

07-05-2010 08:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

dantan,
Most probably rapidshare just limit the number of connections that you can make to their servers. So, you can try to limit the number of connections to 1 for the "http://.rapidshare.com/" site at iGetter preferences, Site Manager. Also you can set the "Minimal segment size" to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

RS FAQ page states: "only premium members with hosting-packages can resume interrupted downloads". In addition, if you are a premium member you have to login to your premium zone and allow the "Direct downloads" option.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply