< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-03-2006 12:35 PM

Posted by:
AZ

Find more posts by AZ

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed iGetter, and I don't know how I can automatically download all files of a certain type at once.

More precisely, I would like to DL all *.pdf files that are linked on a webpage. One possible solution would be (I suppose) to use the context menu "Get all files with iGetter" but I use Camino 1.0b1, and I have seen in this forum that the contextual menu options do not appear in this version of Camino. I have also seen that I can download a batch of files, but it seems that it only works when files have the same name form with just a number varying.
So, is it not possible to do so in Camino?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.
AZ.

02-06-2006 06:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Antoine,
You can try to use the iGetter "Process Web Page" Tools menu function. Just enter the URL of the web page to process and then set a proper extension filter at the options panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-08-2006 06:55 AM

Posted by:
AZ

Find more posts by AZ

Thank you very much. It works perfectly well.

03-11-2006 12:54 AM

Posted by:
live4ever

Find more posts by live4ever

I was wondering how to do this as well with pdf files - on the webpage are a dozen or so pdf journal articles (each being linked to a cgi-script I believe, here's what the link looks like anyway:

http://scholarsportal.info.proxy1.lib.uwo.ca:2048/cgi-bin/sciserv.pl?collection=journals&journal=08973806&issue=v19i0002&article=89_jh1&form=pdf&file=file.pdf

I was wondering if it is possible to grab all these pdfs - the above method doesn't seem to work.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply