Reconnect issues
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-12-2006 09:00 PM

Posted by:
Ethan J. Goldberg

Find more posts by Ethan J. Goldberg

Using either 10.4.2 or 10.4.4 with a 2.7 GHz G5 (internal modem), I've encountered an inability of iGetter to automatically reconnect after a disconnection. The application does try to reconnect repeatedly in accordance with the preference settings, but the result each time is this message: "The selected communication device does not exist. Please verify your settings and try again."

I'm reasonably certain the preferences are set correctly and that the modem is configured properly. In particular, the "check connection" function is enabled. I have no trouble whatsoever reconnecting manually. Could iGetter possibly be looking for a modem at the printer port?

I just downloded this application and everything else I've tried seems to work.

02-13-2006 08:01 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Ethan,
If you have both modem and Ethernet connections you must disable the Ethernet interface temporarily (from the System Network preferences or just unplug the Ethernet cable) for the redial and hang-up functions to work properly. The same is true if you have two modems. Also, you can configure your modem connection as prior from the System Preferences -> Network -> Show Network port Configurations -> Set first the modem interface.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply