iGetter Mirrors and Acceleration
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-01-2006 12:47 PM

Posted by:
JB

Find more posts by JB

Alright when I add a mirror URL and verify it what good does it do? it says in the faq that it allowes additional acceleration but how do i allow that? Can i do one pipe from each and not allow two pipes to go to the same sourse if one goes down? Do I need to verify at all? What if the main url doesnt work but the mirrors do?
I know its alot of questions...

03-09-2006 06:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello JB,
You can manage the number of connections for particular sites at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel. Currently, you can't limit the number of connections for a particular mirror.

As of main URL failure, you can use the contextual menu function "Set as Main URL" on any mirror. It's a good practice to check mirrors through the "Verify" function before to use them.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-20-2006 10:52 AM

Posted by:
Alex

Find more posts by Alex

Hi. i tried out igetter and think it´s very nice. but is it possible to add my own mirror of a file?

f.e. i have a file. and i know a mirror url which does not get automatically found. how can i manually add it?

thanks!

04-21-2006 05:23 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Alex,
You can manually add mirrors through the download's "Item Settings" dialog (double click on the download). Then choose the "Mirrors" tab panel and add your mirrors here.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-09-2006 05:49 PM

Posted by:
Anthony Bryan

Find more posts by Anthony Bryan

I made a post about this already, but if iGetter supported metalink (http://www.metalinker.org/) then it would automatically have mirror information for segmented downloads. It's pretty convenient for large ISOs & other stuff.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply